Requirements for a marriage license on Curacao
Send a written marriage application to the Registry Office stating that you want to get married on Curacao (date, time and place). The letter should include your personal information, the complete addresses of both parties, and telephone/fax numbers and email addresses. Bride and groom must be at least 18 years old and must both sign the letter. You must include the following documents:
- Clearly legible copies of both passports
- Certified copies of your birth certificates. The date of issue must be no more than six months prior to the wedding date, along with an Apostille stamp on each of the copies.
- Proof of singleness
- Divorce papers or death certificate of former partner, if applicable.
- Declaration of singleness from the date of divorce or death of the former partner to the present date
- Names of parents, mother's maiden name, dates and places of birth of parents
- Occupation of the bride, groom and their parents
- Copies of the passports of the witnesses to the marriage. Six witnesses must be present on site during the ceremony. Please inform the wedding coordinator if only the two of you will be arriving. In that case, we will be very happy to provide you with six witnesses.
- Apart from passports, all other documents must be original and must have a correct and certified apostille seal. In addition, the documents must not be older than six months.
- You may need to present other documents, it depends on your personal circumstances.
- Within two weeks after the registry office has received your documents and checked them, you will receive a notification if everything is in order and at what time your wedding will take place.
- In order to be able to identify the bride and groom, it is important that you report to the registry office in person at least three days before your wedding date. This will also give you the opportunity to meet the registrar.
- Please contact the Registrar's Office regarding special arrangements regarding your destination or a beach wedding in Curacao. They will also provide you with more information if you have any questions regarding marriage licenses or marriage certificates.
Please send all your documents to the following civil registry office, which you will also contact locally:
Civil Register Office (Kranshi)
Telephone: (+5999) 4341600
Fax: (+5999) 4618166